Notes:

[1920px] Preserved at Italian Air Force museum of Vigna di Valle. The Fiat G.91 is the aircraft that best represents the awakening and rebirth of the Italian aeronautical industry. Designed by Eng. Gabrielli and built according to the specifications issued for a competition announced by NATO to equip the countries adhering to the Pact with a light tactical fighter, the prototype of the Fiat G.91 made its first flight on 9 August 1956 and later won in the tests of evaluation imposed by the commission. In 1958 the first pre-series G.91 were delivered to the Italian Air Force, assigned to the 103rd Group of the 5th Rimini Air Brigade and tested at the Pratica di Mare Experimental Flight Department. The results were more than satisfactory, so much so that the G.91 was even capable of operating on semi-prepared and grassy fields. In 1959, the deliveries of the series aircraft of the Italian Air Force began. The R / 1 version was chosen, not unlike the pre-series except for the characteristic "photographic nose", which went to equip the CTRL Department (Light Tactical Fighter Reconnaissance) of the 51st Aerobrigata and therefore the 2nd Wing Tactical Light Fighters of Treviso (14th Interceptor Group and 103rd Light Tactical Fighter Group) and the reconstituted 32nd Wing of Brindisi. The Fiat G.91 on display is sectioned to show the internal structure.

Photographer

Contact photographer for terms of use.

Registration

MM6280

Photo Date

Aug 26, 2021

Uploaded

Dec 04, 2021

Views

443

Likes

1

Badges

None

Notes

[1920px] Preserved at Italian Air Force museum of Vigna di Valle. The Fiat G.91 is the aircraft that best represents the awakening and rebirth of the Italian aeronautical industry. Designed by Eng. Gabrielli and built according to the specifications issued for a competition announced by NATO to equip the countries adhering to the Pact with a light tactical fighter, the prototype of the Fiat G.91 made its first flight on 9 August 1956 and later won in the tests of evaluation imposed by the commission. In 1958 the first pre-series G.91 were delivered to the Italian Air Force, assigned to the 103rd Group of the 5th Rimini Air Brigade and tested at the Pratica di Mare Experimental Flight Department. The results were more than satisfactory, so much so that the G.91 was even capable of operating on semi-prepared and grassy fields. In 1959, the deliveries of the series aircraft of the Italian Air Force began. The R / 1 version was chosen, not unlike the pre-series except for the characteristic "photographic nose", which went to equip the CTRL Department (Light Tactical Fighter Reconnaissance) of the 51st Aerobrigata and therefore the 2nd Wing Tactical Light Fighters of Treviso (14th Interceptor Group and 103rd Light Tactical Fighter Group) and the reconstituted 32nd Wing of Brindisi. The Fiat G.91 on display is sectioned to show the internal structure.

Camera

Nikon D500 | Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX Show Exif data
Contact photographer for terms of use.

Comments

No comments